Spectrum of signs
Signs of being in FAITH
- Have established and firm faith and HOPE – Col 1:22-23
- Actively part of Christs Body (the church) – Col 1:24
- Have wisdom (knowledge of how to live the best possible life)
- Are “encouraged in heart and united in love” Col 2:2
- Are ” overflowing with thankfulness” Col 2:7
Out of FAITH Signs
- HAVE enemies because of evil behaviour: Col 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[g] your evil behavior.
- Are captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces[a] of this world Col 2:8
- The “whole self” is “ruled by flesh” (Desires of the flesh) Col 2:11
Actions of Faith:
- COL 2:16-18 16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.