Sept 5, 2016
Happy is the couple that can determine “what is the problem”.
Happy is the couple that can attack the problem and not each other.
RE: inlaws. 9/10 complaints women complaining about mother in law. Inlaws need to be wise. Rule for inlaws… Hands off, prayers on mouths closed and hearts open.
5 rules to a fight.
- isolate the problem — pinpoint the problem — know what you are fighting about
- learn to attack the problem and not one-another (most arguments are ego against ego)
- Deal with things as they come up. One trading stamp at a time. Do not let the sun go down on your wrath. 1) know the problem 2) deal with the problem
- Learn to negotiate. Do NOT get in a win/lose situation. Let both save face. Give in. Be gentile.
- Pray, pray, pray, pray and pray some more.
- Honey, I was wrong. Please forgive me. Kiss and make up.
In this recorded message, the late pastor Dr. Adrian Rogers emphasizes commitment, communication and confrontation as keys to a solid marriage.