Krista Tippett, July 15 2016 Thich Nhat Hanh
Thich Nhat Hanh, Cheri Maples, and L.mp3
- Can transform suffering and sorrow
- misplaced anger because people are in incredible pain
- it is about softening your heart
- We suffer because of our wrong perception of ourselves and others.
- Our wrong perception is what makes communication so difficult.
- Violence in our families and the rest of the world can stop with us.
- We must question our own actions and perceptions.
- Foregiveness comes from looking deeply and understanding
- Attention to the present moment – a way of life. Not a belief.
- Only understanding and compassion can help us remove violence and hate
- Restoring communication is the basic requirement for peace
- If there no communicaiton, there is no understanding, there is no chance for the best possible decision.
Brene Brown – Krista Tippett – university professor
We loose sight of the beauty, the most beautiful things I look back on in my life are coming out from under things I did not know I could get out from underneath.
The moments I look back in my life and think “those are the moments that made me” were moments of struggle.
In a culture where we want to fix or prevent vulnerability — our struggles make us who we are. Shame to strong sense of worthyness. Vulnerability between men and women.