- I Learn by experience.
- I Learn by being told – ears
- I Learn by being shown – sight
- I Learn from someone who knows
- I Learn from someone with experience
- I learn from the bible
My heart is where my emotions live
The Bible is the packaged free gift that carries God’s wisdom knowledge to us. The bible is a 2000 year old gift that is proven to stand the test of time.
Jesus is our teacher shows us how to live how to be behave how to make choices. Jesus is a dance instructor showing us how to do the dance of life.
Often I am like Peter… promising to stay unto death, then denying Jesus 3 times.
Joy, happiness, salvation, is a choice. I can choose to accept the biblical Christian world vision or not.
Jesus suffering exceeds the worse we can imagine. All sins of all men from all time, past present, future, all at once all on the son of God on the cross. BOOM! Imagine what that feels like.
I know my calling my mission. To fulfils the mission that God has for me.
Jesus calls me. What is my answer?
And he came and found them sleeping, and he said to Peter, “Simon, are you asleep? Could you not watch one hour? Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
How do I choose to respond to the suffering that God allows in my life?
- Deny it?
- Ignore it?
- Pretend it does not exist?
- Science modern world… Medicate it? Prescription drugs? Alcohol? Pot? Cocaine ? Heroin?
No – must face it, make a choice, respond to Gods call and God plan, God’s mission. Choose for Gods plan.
- Stop. I must turn my back on my “I am god” world vision that says “I can do it yourself” “I am powerful enough to handle this.” (get down)
- Agonize – walk around, write it down, face the emotions
- Pray – remove this cup from me
- Be persistent…. How many times did Jesus pray even after his best friends let him down multiple times? Mark 14:32-42. 3 times before he ran out of time…. How long do I persist? Until I run out of time just like Jesus did.
- Jesus cares for others (empathy for others) in the midst of his own suffering. Is there someone else that is in the same circumstance as me to go through this together?
- Actively submit my will to the will of God just like Jesus. Choose.
Who does Jesus blame for his crucifixion here? The people that sinned? God? Jesus blames no one. He stands up, takes the suffering as planned by God. That was God’s plan from the beginning. I must own it.
Watch, learn from Jesus.
Jesus Prays in Gethsemane
32 And they went to a place called Gethsemane. And he said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.” 33 And he took with him Peter and James and John, and began to be greatly distressed and troubled. 34 And he said to them, “My soul is very sorrowful, even to death. Remain here and watch.”[a] 35 And going a little farther, he fell on the ground and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. 36 And he said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” 37 And he came and found them sleeping, and he said to Peter, “Simon, are you asleep? Could you not watch one hour? 38 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” 39 And again he went away and prayed, saying the same words. 40 And again he came and found them sleeping, for their eyes were very heavy, and they did not know what to answer him. 41 And he came the third time and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and taking your rest? It is enough; the hour has come. The Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. 42 Rise, let us be going; see, my betrayer is at hand.”