- There is a difference between knowing and experiencing. I know this intuitively.
- Disappointments, doubt, guilt can be the fruit of experiences, they prevent us from experiencing Gods perfect plan for us. Those experiences are seen through a certain world vision, a certain lens.
- Often I say: “God, I don’t see what you are doing here.”
- But, even when there is a gap between my experience and my expectations, God is with me. How do I know? I just look back at my past experiences. They are evidence that God was there for me. Parents, school, first job, car accidents, having kids, spouse, marriage, dumb decisions while on vacation, mosh pits, raves, parties, hiking, especially accidentally hiking off the wrong side of the mountain, back country skiing, snowboarding.
Through what world vision, through what lens do I choose to see the past, the present, the future?
- God, give me grace to accept with serenity
- the things that cannot be changed,
- Courage to change the things
- which should be changed,
- and the Wisdom to distinguish
- the one from the other.
- Living one day at a time,
- Enjoying one moment at a time,
- Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
- Taking, as Jesus did,
- This sinful world as it is,
- Not as I would have it,
- Trusting that You will make all things right,
- If I surrender to Your will,
- So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
- And supremely happy with You forever in the next.